- Manual Dexterity
- Control Precision
- Extent Flexibility
- Operation and Control
- Equipment Maintenance
New job opportunities are very likely in the future. With a
12% Percent change.
What training is needed?
People starting in this career usually have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No work experience
- More than 1 year on-the-job training
Programs that can prepare you for this career are:
- Agricultural Mechanics and Equipment/Machine Technology/Technician
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technology/Technician
What does a typical day look like?
- Replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper functioning.
- Operate transportation equipment to demonstrate function or malfunction.
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.