- Operations Monitoring
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operation and Control
New job opportunities are very likely in the future. With a
11% Percent change.
What training is needed?
People starting in this career usually have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No work experience
- More than 1 year on-the-job training
Programs that can prepare you for this career are:
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology/Technician
What does a typical day look like?
- Observe equipment in operation to detect potential problems.
- Read work orders or descriptions of problems to determine repairs or modifications needed.
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after repair.
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning.