- Public Safety and Security
- Production and Processing
- Operations Monitoring
- Operation and Control
- Quality Control Analysis
New job opportunities are less likely in the future. With a
-3% Percent change.
What training is needed?
People starting in this career usually have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No work experience
- More than 1 year on-the-job training
Programs that can prepare you for this career are:
- Water Quality
- Wastewater Treatment Management
- Recycling Technology/Technician
What does a typical day look like?
- Operate chemical processing or water treatment systems or equipment.
- Test chemical or physical characteristics of materials or products.
- Collect samples of materials or products for testing.
- Record operational or production data.
- Inspect production equipment.