- Critical Thinking
- Operations Monitoring
- Active Listening
New job opportunities are less likely in the future. With a
-16% Percent change.
What training is needed?
People starting in this career usually have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No work experience
- 1 to 12 months on-the-job training
Programs that can prepare you for this career are:
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
What does a typical day look like?
- Install audio or communications equipment.
- Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Drill holes in parts, equipment, or materials.
- Solder parts or connections between parts.
- Connect electrical components or equipment.