- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
New job opportunities are less likely in the future. With a
7% Percent change.
What training is needed?
People starting in this career usually have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- No work experience
- No on-the-job training
Programs that can prepare you for this career are:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Physics
- Cheminformatics/Chemistry Informatics
- Chemistry, General
- Chemistry, Other
What does a typical day look like?
- Test quality of materials or finished products.
- Analyze chemical compounds or substances.
- Maintain laboratory or technical equipment.
- Prepare compounds or solutions for products or testing.
- Monitor operational procedures in technical environments to ensure conformance to standards.